Monday, September 24, 2007

003 Slight Chance Of Showers

The weather has been really weird this Summer, in Los Angeles anyway. We've gone from 115 degree heat waves to flash floods in the same week. It's crazy! This strip is about that kind of craziness.

Here's the script:

Here's some of my favorite parts from this strip:


I love animating shrink takes!



This is the first strip that needed mouth poses for lipsync, I couldn't decide if I should make full mouth charts or limited anime style mouth charts. I ended up making both. Here's a frame by frame of "The" lipsynced:

It looks more like he's saying "LAAA". I dunno, some cats might actually look like they're saying "laaaa" when really saying "the". If you really wanted to get philosophic, cats can't really talk so it's all wrong.

I animated this strip while watching Limelight, I dunno what this has to do with anything, some people find these things interesting.

1 comment:

Marc Deckter said...

Haha this is great! I'm looking forward to more comic strip adventures from this cat&mouse comedy team. And these behind-the-scenes posts are really interesting too!