Monday, July 7, 2008

030 Prophet Test

Here's another strip written by my buddy, Matt Danner. It was an idea I had been tinkering with, with the Cat also wanting prophetic powers. I couldn't quite get a solid strip with this idea so Matt took a shot at it and here it is. In Matt's version of the story he included a duck, coincedentally there is a duck character who exists in the Prophet Buddy world, Mr. Duncan, so I included him in this strip. We will probably be seeing more of him later on.

In this strip, I set out a goal to animate all of the Cat's lipsync with all new unique mouth poses drawn to the dialogue track. I made it most of the way through, but I did give up at the end. I almost missed my deadline because of it. People ask me why I bother making Prophet Buddy, I don't really know why I do, it's not like I make any money from it. I guess it's all for practice. To keep my skills growing, I have to constantly work on them. I use Prophet Buddy to teach me new theories and techniques in animation I have not tried before and then I apply these new processes at my dayjob, since there is no time to test things out there. So I set different goals and try new things for each strip and I think progressively I get a bit better at what I do. You guys should try it, afterall practice makes perfect.

2 comments:

Niko Anesti said...

I thought this week's strip was one of the best, in all areas. As for why you do it, personally, I think when someone's animating for free, it always turns out better than if they're animating for money. They're having more fun, hah, and I gotta say, I'm glad you're one of them!

James Sutton said...

Fun!