Thursday, January 3, 2008

017 New Year Special

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope everyone had a good one, the buddies and I sure did! That's why we're so late with this post and didn't follow up to the Happy Holiday post like I said we do. With the New Year Special, I let Eric and Matt ad lib most of their lines. I told Matt to say 'No' every way he could, and told Eric to make up a bunch of resolutions. Technically I should have given them writing credits too, but I dunno, I guess I'm an attention hog.

I dunno if anyone has noticed, but I'm very influenced by comedians of the early years of film. Especially The Marx Bros. and Charlie Chaplin; Harpo and Chaplin, I find are great references for expressions and movement. By the way, the line, "I want excitement, I wanna Ah cha cha cha" that the Cat says in the 'Told You So' strip was taken from Groucho Marx in the movie 'Monkey Business'.

In the New Year Special, I referenced W.C. Fields and the hat take that he often does. The Cat doesn't normally wear a hat, so I took this opportunity to throw it in there for good measure.


Be sure to watch next week, it's the SEASON FINALE!!!

No comments: